Thursday 29 November 2018

November Meeting

Today was a Member's Day and we were set a challenge by the Chair to do some stitching using only one stitch.  We could choose our own or pull one out of a hat, which I think most of us did.  There were fabrics and threads available if we needed them and we could either work to a 7inch square or something of our own choice.  I pulled Sorbello stitch out of the hat which was something I have not done before.  We also got under way with our travelling books.  The books were distributed and we now have to cover them, make a bag for them to travel in and put our first pages in our own book.  All to be done by the February meeting.  We have set a topic of 'Circles' for our first pieces of work so I combined that with the Sorbello stitch to start the cover for my book.


I knew I would forget the names of the stitches that everyone was doing so I am not going to label these in case I am wrong.








I think everyone enjoyed today and quite a few found themselves trying stitches they had never used before.


No comments:

Post a Comment