Sunday 3 June 2018

May Meeting

I didn't realise how far behind I was with the blogs but when I think about it, I was on holiday at the end of March and again at the end of April so I didn't get to those two meetings.  However I understand that Helen Birmingham was very interesting and the workshop with Jan Dowson was enjoyed by all who participated.  There were some lovely pieces on display at this months meeting but as always, I forgot to get some photographs.
Our speaker this month was Vivien Stamford who spoke about Found Fabrics and the Antarctic Project.  Viv has collected lots of pieces of fabric from the beach at Bridlington, some of which she brought to show us.  With these pieces she has produces some wonderful work, a lot of it based around the Antarctic Expeditions of Scott and Shackleton.  She has done a lot of research into the projects and her work is very thoughtful. 
The Branch members are all working hard towards our exhibition on the 7th and 8th July in Snainton Village Hall.  We will be open from 10am to 4pm and entry is free so don't forget to come along.  There will be plenty of tea and cake so that is a good excuse.


No comments:

Post a Comment