Wednesday 2 April 2014

March Meeting

I can't believe I haven't done a blog for February, I am sure I did it.  I will have to check my other blog, see if I have posted it there.

Unfortunately our speaker for March was unable to come due to unforseen circumstances, so we continued our Make and Take session into the afternoon.  We then did a short Show and Tell as we had lots of work on hand ready for the exhibition and we just selected pieces out of the bags and asked people to talk about them.

We had more new members today, that's ten this year.  It hasn't boosted our numbers a lot because we lost five at the end of last year but it is a step in the right direction.

Everyone enjoys the Make and Take sessions that Jackie and Ann organise, it really gets people together and talking. 

Everything is coming together for the exhibition, just got to hope that the weather will be kind to us.  The daffodils at Farndale will hopefully still be out that weekend.  Details of the exhibition are below.  Hope you can read it.



 
These are some of the Make and Take work that was done.  Some people were making sheep with wool and french knots, others were doing flowers over chiffons.
 






 

1 comment:

  1. Please have a look at my website and blogspot. I'm available for talks/workshops and travel all over the UK and Europe.
    www.chris-gray-textile-art.blogspot.com
    www.mabonarts.co.uk

    Chris Gray

    ReplyDelete