Sunday 19 May 2013

Stitching in the Dales

For the first time, Moira and I, joined a group of ladies on the residential course run by the Grassington Branch of the Guild and had an extremely enjoyable couple of days stitching.  Our tutor was Linda Westerman and the topic was 'Fragments of the Past'.  Everyone did something different, from memories of summer picnics to Egyptian tombs and all the work was brilliant.  Linda was an excellent tutor, never trying to overide what you wanted to do but guiding us through the moments when our brains seemed to just block up.  We had an interesting B&B by the river, in an old 17th century farmhouse.  All beams and stone staircases and doorways even I had to duck to get through.  The buffet lunches provided were amazing, the lady preparing it being only too pleased to have different tastes to the rugby players she usually provides for.  I am looking forward to seeing what they are going to run next year as I would love to go again.  I now have loads of work to complete from the two courses I have done recently but it feels good to have the inspiration going again.






2 comments:

  1. I am extremely envious. I had heard all about this year's event from a friend. Wish I could have been there. Rather a long way to travel for me ... but who knows, perhaps next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you again and to know that you are still stitching!

      Delete