Sunday 1 May 2011

Meeting 0n 30th April

Well, I took loads of lovely photo's of everyone's work and somehow I have managed not to save them (had to use my phone as I had forgotten my camera) so you will have to take my word for it that it was all lovely.

First we had two finished items from last month's workshop with Phillipa Turnbull and one piece still in progress.  Come on ladies, there were over twenty of you there and only two finished items.  I did spot a couple of people busy with their competition entries for Regional Day so they are excused but we need a few more samples next month and then maybe I can get a decent photo if I remember my camera.

We must be the first branch to have started our christmas decorations this week.  Ann Lancaster, who was originally booked for our November meeting, had to cancel because of the weather so we re-scheduled for April and we have been making peg angels and Yorkshire Daisies for our christmas trees.  How organised are we?

An outing has been arranged to Ripon and Lotherton Hall where there is an exhibition on The Native Americans of the Plains.  Details are on the Branch news page.

No comments:

Post a Comment